What is Screenprint and when should it be used?
Screen Printing is the traditional form of printing in which ink is applied directly to the surface using a screen. When printing more than 1 colour, multiple screens must be used and the process repeated for each colour so pricing for screen printing is based on how many colours are printed.
Screen printing is generally used for 1 or 2 colour logos and can be applied to almost any product such as Bags, 5 panel caps, Bucket and Wide Brim Hats, Umbrellas and Apparel.
- Large print areas are possible on both flat and cylindrical products.
- Close PMS matches are possible on white or light coloured products.
- Ideal for large solid areas of colour.
- Most screen print inks are quick drying and can be shipped immediately after printing.
- Metallic gold and silver is available.
- Halftones and very fine lines are not recommended.
- Close PMS matches are more difficult on darker products and will only be approximate.
- Unable to print variable data.
- A set up charge is required for each colour to be printed.
- Artwork should be supplied in vector format.